Our Business Broker Principles
While each selling process can be different, below are the basic steps Grayhill takes to sell your business. Some businesses may have more steps involved and some businesses may have less. Either way, the below steps give you an idea of what to expect in terms of the process. However, process concerns aside, it is important to understand Grayhill Business Brokers' principles to selling your business. Here they are:
- Principle #1: While Grayhill does play an important role as your business broker, we recognize that this is your business and not ours. This is significant because we are recognizing that you worked hard to build your business and it is your money that is on the line. It's no mistake that this is Principle #1 because the other four Principles flow from this first Principle.
- Principle #2: We are committed to getting our clients the absolute highest sale price possible for their business.
- Principle #3: We will sell our clients' businesses as fast as physically possible.
- Principle #4: We will always protect our clients' confidentiality and handle our business broker duties with the utmost discretion at all times.
- Principle #5: We are committed to clearly communicating our fee structure to our clients, which is lower than the typical fee structure for the business broker industry due to our efficient business model.
Steps to Selling Your Business with a Grayhill Business Broker
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a Grayhill Business Broker.
- Gather documents requested by your Grayhill Business Broker for your meeting.
- During your meeting you will be asked a series of comprehensive questions to help us develop a clearer picture of your business and what approach we will take to obtain buyer interest in your business.
- Determine Market Valuation/Price for your business utilizing proven valuation methods including discretionary income and expenses.
- Listing Agreement authorizing Grayhill Business Brokers to represent you in selling your business.
- Seller pre-approval of Listing Marketing/Advertising and potential terms offered.
- Grayhill Business Broker to manage Buyer inquiries and Buyer pre-qualification process including buyer signing of NDA (Confidentiality Agreement)
- Grayhill Business Broker to arrange meeting between Buyer and Seller.
- Grayhill Business Broker to assist in writing and/or presenting offers and subsequent contract negotiations.
- Grayhill Business Broker to manage the timeline from offer acceptance to closing (transfer of ownership to the Buyer)