Our Business Broker Principles
Are you curious about the process of selling your business? While the process of selling a company can vary from one business to the next, toward the bottom of this page you will find the basic steps Grayhill Business Brokers takes to sell your business. However, before you learn more about the selling process we invite you to review our Grayhill Business Broker Principles that are the foundation of all that we do for our clients:
- Principle #1: While Grayhill does play an important role as your business broker, we recognize that this is your business and not ours. This is significant because we are recognizing that you worked hard to build your business and it is your money that is on the line. It's all about trust and it is no mistake that this is Principle #1 because the other four Principles flow from this first Principle.
- Principle #2: We are committed to getting our clients the highest sale prices possible for their businesses.
- Principle #3: We will not waste our clients' valuable time--we will be proactive, responsive and sell your business as fast as possible.
- Principle #4: We will always protect our clients' confidentiality and handle our business broker duties with the utmost discretion at all times.
- Principle #5: We are committed to providing a fee structure to our clients that is lower than the typical fee structure for the business broker industry and to clearly communicating this fee structure to our clients. If you are curious or have questions about our fees, do not hesitate to call us at (502) 309-4551 as we are happy to answer any questions that you have.
Steps to Selling Your Business with a Grayhill Business Broker
- Step 1: Call Grayhill Business Brokers at (502) 309-4551 to receive instructions from one of our brokers for sending to Grayhill the last 3 years of financial statements for your business. Grayhill Business Brokers will perform a free, no obligations valuation of your business and issue you a 1-2 page Valuation Report via email within 3 business days. One of our brokers will call you to review your Valuation Report with you over the phone and answer any questions you have. All valuations are strictly confidential.
- Step 2: Introductory in person meeting with a Grayhill Business Broker. During this meeting you will be asked a series of comprehensive questions to help us recommend to you the best approach to take to obtain buyer interest in your business.
- Step 3: Execute Grayhill Business Brokers Listing Agreement. We strive to customize our Listing Agreements to meet your needs regarding commission rates, term length and exclusivity. If you are curious or have questions about our standard Listing Agreements, do not hesitate to call us at (502) 309-4551 and we will be happy to answer any questions that you have.
- Step 4: Marketing the anonymous and confidential for sale listing of your business. Grayhill Business Brokers manages buyer inquiries and the buyer pre-qualification process including buyer signing of Grayhill Business Brokers Confidentiality Agreement. Grayhill Business Brokers also manages data requests from buyers and conference calls/meetings between buyer and seller.
- Step 5: Grayhill Business Brokers manages negotiation between buyer and seller through Offer to Purchase or Letter of Intent acceptance and as needed through Stock or Asset Purchase Agreement execution and closing. Grayhill Business Brokers also manages data exchange between buyer and seller during the due diligence period and we facilitate communication between buyer's attorney, seller's attorney and the closing attorney as needed.